The Illinois Professional Licensing Consultants is a group of highly experienced attorneys and investigators who represent and defend licensed professionals. The licensing consultants interviewed in this monthly program, previously worked for the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, and will represent and/or defend licensed professionals in cases involving the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Illinois Department of Public Aid and Illinois Department of Public Health.
If you are outside the State of Illinois, the Illinois Professional Licensing Consultants have active of counsel relationships with a few major law firms, with offices in several states, so please reach out for assistance, even if you are not located in the State of Illinois.
Topics covered in this 30-minute podcast:
- Introducing Jacqueline Friedman-Stein
- The process of becoming a physician in Illinois, the application procedures
- Several paths in the application process, by examination and by endorsement
- Applicants coming from both domestic and international medical schools
- Issues involved that may cause application delay or referral to prosecutions
- Resolving application issues and the impact of withdrawing an application
Jacqueline Friedman-Stein is a professional licensing attorney, of counsel to the Chicago health law and litigation firm of Michael V. Favia & Associates, and formerly the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation as well as private law firms specializing in healthcare law and legal services in professional licensing. Jackie earned her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Colorado Boulder, her Juris Doctorate from Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, and her LLM in health law from Loyola University Chicago School of Law.